We provide in-house nitrous sedation to patients to manage dental anxiety.
Advantages of treatment with nitrous oxide
- Nitrous oxide works very rapidly in the bodyñ it reaches the brain within 20-30 seconds; relaxation and pain-killing properties develop within 2-3 minutes.
- The extent of sedation can be monitored as needed; other sedation techniques do not allow monitoring. Side effects are none or minimal. The gas is eliminated from the body within 3-5 minutes after the gas supply is stopped. You can safely drive and don’t need an escort.
- With nitrous oxide, it is easy to give incremental doses until the desired action is obtained (this is called initiation). Thus the administrator has virtually absolute control over the action of the drug, preventing the possibility of accidental overdoses.
- People with dental phobia can have nitrous sedation first and that would eliminate dental fear.
- Inhaled sedation is very safe. It has very few side effects and the drugs used have no adverse effects on the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys or brain.
- Inhaled sedation has been found to be very effective in eliminating or at least minimizing severe gagging.